FACTS ABOUT YOUTH
DID YOU KNOW?
- Among social media users, 88% of teens have seen someone be mean or cruel to another person on a social media site.
- Prescription drug abuse epidemic is America’s fastest growing drug problem. 73% of teens say it is easy to access prescription drugs from their parents’ medicine cabinet.
- 9.1% of the US teen population (ages 12-17) had at least one major depressive episode in the past year.
- Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death for youth aged 11-18.
- 1 in 4 sexually active adolescent females have an STD (14-19 years).
The Partnership for Drug-Free Kids has created a new documentary “Breaking Points” which highlights the increasing stress and pressure young people are facing, and the unhealthy coping mechanisms that develop as a result. Click below to see the trailer for the film (full film coming Spring 2016).